The Australian Sparkling Wine Show (ASWS) is the only dedicated sparkling wine show in Australia. Our objective is to showcase and provide nationally recognised opportunities and benchmarking for Australia’s sparkling wine producers.
Entries for the 2018 ASWS will be open 1 August 2018:
- Please direct any expressions of interest to email@example.com.
Sign up to our e-newsletter to receive updates.
- Entries Open: 1 August 2018
- Entries Close: 31 August 2018
- Delivery of Entries: between 10th and 28th September
- Judging: 17 October 2018
- Trophy Presentation & Exhibitor/Trade Tasting (Melbourne): 25 October 2018
- Extended Yeast Age: Sparkling White and Rose, bottle fermented, Classic varieties, >60 months tirage age
- Sparkling White, Classic varieties, bottle fermented 24-60 months tirage age
- Sparkling White, Classic varieties bottle fermented <24 months tirage age
- Sparkling Rose, Classic varieties, Natural fermentation
- Moscato (>85% Muscat varieties)
- Prosecco (>85% Prosecco varieties)
- Sparkling Wines not eligible for classes 1-6
- Sparkling Red, Natural ferment
The 2018 ASWS Rules will soon be published.
Chair of Judges – Huon Hooke
Huon is a leading independent wine writer contributing to publications including Decanter, Gourmet Traveller Wine, Good Weekend and his own ventures huonhooke.com and The Real Review.
Essi Avellan MW, internationally renowned sparkling and Champagne specialist will also join the 2018 judging panel. Avellan is the author or several wine books, and a reputed wine judge.
Chief Steward: Chris Smales