For Australian Sparkling Wine Producers
Australia's Best Bubbles
Recognising Australia's Best Sparkling Wine Producers
The Australian Sparkling Wine Show is the only wine show in Australia dedicated to sparkling wines. We are proud to recognise the wonderful achievements of our sparkling winemakers and the teams behind their wines.
What's in it for Sparkling Wine producers?
The Australian Sparkling Wine Show is recognised nationally and finalists and award winners can use this recognition to help them forge new customer relationships.
Importantly, as a Trophy, Gold or Silver Medal Winner, you will qualify to enter the exclusive National Wine Show in Canberra.
Along with benchmarking your wines with the best from Australia, the ASWS gives you the opportunity to network with other winemakers, industry experts and suppliers.
How to Enter the Show and Key Dates
Entry to the Australian Sparkling Wine Show requires you to complete an entry form and submit it by the due date.
- Here is the ShowRunner Exhibitor User Guide with entry details including how to set up a new account.
Key Wine Show Dates
- Entries Open: 12th June 2023
- Entries Close: 28th July 2023
- Delivery of Entries: 6 Bottles of each entry – By 7th August 2023. To: Australian Sparkling Wine Show C/- Australian Cuvee Centre, 14 Thomson Terrace, Dromana VIC 3936
- Judging: 22nd-23rd August 2023
- Trophy Presentation & Exhibitor Tasting: 12.30pm-3.00pm on the 25th August 2023 at Cumulus Inc., 45 Flinders Ln, Melbourne VIC 3000
ENTRY FEES and minimum requirements
An entry fee of $80 is payable per exhibit. The ASWS is not registered for GST.
There are no limits to the number of entries in any class.
The minimum quantity to qualify for entry to all classes of the ASWS is 40 dozen bottles (or equivalent) of tiraged stock, either disgorged, on lees or finished.
Exhibits must be from a batch of finished bottle product (labelled or not)
2023 Wine Classes
- Extended Yeast Age: Sparkling White and Rose, bottle fermented, Classic varieties, >60 months tirage age
- Sparkling White, Classic varieties, bottle fermented 24-60 months tirage age
- Sparkling White, Classic varieties bottle fermented <24 months tirage age
- Sparkling Rose, Classic varieties
- Prosecco (>85% Prosecco varieties)
- Open Sparkling Class, not eligible for classes 1-5
- Sparkling Red
Please see attached for further explanations on classes 2023 Australian Sparkling Wine Show classes
2022 ASWS trophy presentations and wine tasting will be at Cumulus Up wine bar in Melbourne.
What Happens After You Enter
Once your entry is received, the Show Committee will review it to ensure are details are correct for eligibility into the selected class. You will receive confirmation and an invitation to the annual show.
Before sending samples, sample labels will be sent to all entrants for each sample via email.
Remove sparkling hoods from your sample bottles before sending.
HOW WE JUDGE YOUR SPARKLING WINES
The ASWS proudly adheres to the 2020 ASVO Wine Show Best Practice Recommendations for Wine Show Judging Impartiality and Code of Conduct.
Our judging panel judges each wine independently in its class, on its own merit, qualities and attributes.
Australia has a mature wine industry with a range of highly knowledgeable winemakers, sommeliers, media and industry specialists. We are fortunate to have a highly qualified group of rotating judges to award our best wines across all of our wine classes.
Time Lapse Wine Judging Video
Here is a 20 second time lapse video of our 2019 Australian Sparkling Wine Show judging. Touch or click on the image to begin playing.
Stay In Touch with Our Newsletter
Keep up to date with what’s happening with the Show and other news throughout the year relating to Australian Sparkling Wine.
Sign up for our Australian Sparkling Wine Show Newsletter today.